Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Home from Heber

I loved Heber. It was so much fun to get out of here for a few days and meet more of Josh's side of the family. I got to meet some more cousins and watch the best fireworks! We got to also go to church with Josh's family. They are Lutheran. I have never been to another church service before so I was interested and excited about going. His uncle is a pastor for the Lutheran church and he was talking that day at church. He did an amazing job and taught a good lesson from the New Testament and taught us about freedom and how our fears can steal our freedom away. The Lutheran people are such good people. I sat there in awe as they all prayed for the people that needed prayers. I sat there as they prayed for me. They have been praying for me since they heard of my condition and they made me a blanket as well so it was good to see the people that helped make the blanket. Josh's cousin and aunt sang an amazing song and the whole service was pretty neat. It was just nice to see how other people worship. It was nice to see that both churches value the importance of good morals and it was just great to see people worshiping God. I really love every prayer that goes to God in my behalf. I don't think it matters what God you are praying to. I believe that it is in your heart and it is your faith that brings about miracles. I am a little nervous about speaking in our church on Sunday. I am just glad it is summer so most of the ward will be out of town. Josh and I are supposed to pick our own topics but I was given a kind of special one to think about and consider. Any guesses as to what it is? They suggested trials and adversity and faith. I am super scared because I feel like people will expect something super profound and deep because of what has happened. I hope that I can just remember to keep it simple. I never expect things out of speakers so I can't imagine why people would expect anything out of me. I will just do my best. Okay I am still super scared though. Talking in front of people isn't my forte. So wish me luck on the talk!

Well, they said I would get tired and today I felt like I was hit with a brick...maybe ten bricks. I about couldn't stay at work and food just doesn't ever sound good. I pretty much don't eat unless you set food in front of me and it is warm when I am cold. I ate at Costa Vida tonight and it was amazingly warm and very filling. I had not eaten really all day so it felt good to eat and get some energy but I am fading fast again. It has been a super long day. I leave at quarter to 7 for blood and then go straight to treatment and then straight to work then straight home then straight to dinner and I wish now straight to bed but I have gots lots of things before then.

I am 1/3 the way done with treatment and Terry called today and they have my trial medication and I will get it on the 15th at 9 AM. Let's hope it doesn't give me any of the nasty side effects the paper had listed. we don't expect any but there were some really nasty side effects. My hair is starting to thin. I am doing well now and it is really easy to have a good attitude while you still have hair. Hopefully I can keep it because it may be really hard for me. Anyway, enough of that. Goodnight everyone dream happy dreams and do something nice for someone.

I am a happy girl

Tara Bodrero

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Glad you were able to get away for a little while-- of course you're still in our prayers, I will add the talk to the list :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to have a break from treatments. I liked this post a lot. My family is also Lutheran and my dad is the pastor of our church. I added your name (just your first name) to my prayer requests. Every Sunday, we set aside time before Holy Communion to pray for those with cancer and for their families. I hope you don't mind. I agree, it doesn't matter what God we worship, HE hears our prayers. Keep fighting, and I pray for healing and comfort for you and your loved ones.
In Christ's Love,
G.G.