Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Yesterday

...was the most amazing day ever! Pictures will be up later this afternoon or as soon as my momma gets home with her camera. I don't even know how to begin this post. My mother and I began the morning with a serious quest of finding the perfect shoes. I was smart enough to take myself on a mile and a half walk in heels on Sunday so my feet are a blistered mess. This limited the type of shoe I could wear. We were stuck with white flats,  flower on top, of course!:) I have never been in and out of so many stores so fast. People did not even have time to greet us! We are the Schlappi women, cut the small talk and tell us where your shoes are! We are on a mission! Looking back it was extremely comical. We found my flat, white, with a flower shoes and then practically ran to the car to get home. It was nap time! My naps are extremely important and without them I really feel crazy. I absolutely hate the pain medicine I am because it does not make me feel like myself and I get so tired. In a matter of seconds I will be asleep, anywhere! I also eat a lot. My mom bought US a sandwich to share and after four bites "my bites" she only had about a fourth of the sandwich left. She said she is ready for this tumor to be gone too...then we can actually share food again! :)

We made it home and I literally ran to my bed and took the worlds greatest power nap! I have never in my life been so excited to sleep. I was so excited because I knew as soon as I woke up I could start my beautification process for my pictures. My amazing visiting teachers were my hair and make-up experts and they exceeded any possible dream. My heart is literally pounding with happiness just remembering how much fun yesterday was. They worked my long hair to perfection. I was having withdrawals last night when I realized I really needed to wash my face and take my veil out. I just wanted to go to sleep and stay that pretty forever! Ah, I just can't stop smiling.

I could have taken pictures all night.

I feel like I am not doing my happiness justice with this blog post. I feel like I have left half the story out but I am typing so fast I can barely read the words on the page!

Yesterday I was a princess and the greatest thing is, today I still feel like one. I probably slept an hour last night. My heart would not let me sleep. It was dancing with happiness and overflowing with gratitude. I just laid in bed and thought about all the things people have done for me in the past week. Ya it kept me up all night! That's how many things people have done for me. I walked into my room and re read every card and just bawled.(good thing I eventually did take my make-up off! ) I realized that I have not had a spare minute to be scared or sad. As soon as I feel a little down I have about three plates of my favorite cookies with about five hugs behind them! There are way too many people keeping me busy and happy all the time. There are too many smiling, positive faces to be sad. I have no idea how anyone could get through anything like this without people like you. You have all become my heroes and I long to be like you. I want to go and try to find people that are hurt or sad just so I can tell them what you have told me. I want to give them the quotes that you have given me, and the hope you have given me. I want to give Christ's love to others, as you have to me. I will forever be in gratitude for every thing that has happened. I have learned that the smallest things mean the most at the most important times. Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping me through this time of my life. Thank you for being a part of my journey. Great! Now I am in tears again. Tears of happiness. I honestly have not really shed tears of fear or sadness since the first initial finding. I am so glad to report that they have all been tears of love. Thank you.

Another update.
We got word from Dr. Berger yesterday and it was extremely encouraging. He expects surgery to last a lot shorter than what we were previously told and he said my risks of losing motion in my left side are very low! He feels confident that all will go well and that I will be back to 80% in just a few weeks! :) Tomorrow we leave! I am so excited for this to be out and over! I am ready to never take my medicine ever again! I am ready to be Tara again. Tumor-less Tara!

I don't think I have ever done an entry that fast. Sorry if it it is not understandable! My mom said sometimes my sentences don't always make sense :)

I love you
You make me smile

Tara Lynn

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm glad yesterday went so well and that you felt like a princess!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you. Have a safe trip and we will be waiting impatiently to hear all about the successful surgery on the other side. Love you!!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I think you were able to convey some of the happiness. I think I read the blog about as fast as you typed it. There was something about it that made me want to read it fast. The few pictures you've posted just show how happy you were/are. You are glowing in those pictures. And, BTW, you can put more than five pictures on each post, you just have to upload pictures multiple times, five pictures at a time.

Unknown said...

Little sweet Tara! :) You look soooo awesome in your pics. Wow! You really clean up well. LOL Your extreme happiness came through on your blog! I was reading and scrolling so fast. I hope your trip is safe tomorrow! As always I will be thinking of you and praying for you. BTW 80% is what we're used to at work, so we'll take it. LOL, you know I'm joking. You will soon be back to 100% tumor-FREE Tara. It may take some work on your part, but know that you'll have lots of help! If ya need someone to exercise, (PT) with...Lord knows I can't do much, but I will do my best to help you in any way that I can, if only to offer encouragement and support. You have a great family and your sweet little Joshy to help as well so I know that you'll be back to "normal" soon. I miss you terribly at work. Keep us posted. I will be thinking of you this week. Keep happy thoughts, and think of your wedding as they put you "out" for your surgery : )
Love ya!!!
Michelle

r&k skousen said...

You look so beautiful!!! WE can't wait to see the pictures. You continue to amaze and inspire me every day. Our thoughts and prayers are with you every day. Thank you so much for keeping us informed. We ;love you. Rich and Kelli Skousen