Thursday, October 28, 2010

He did not call my scans beautiful...:(

Dr. Shapiro did not call my scans beautiful. He really didn't say much at all which isn't unexpected but rather so unlike me. I want to be explained to, and I want to know more about everything. He just does not have the same bedside manor as Dr. Brachman who was the one who broke the news to me the first time. Now he did not say my scans were bad either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)  Dr. Shapiro said everything was fine! Yaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess fine is as exciting as we are going to get from him. He really just never gets excited but is funny in his own special way. So the news is good but we have a little piece of information that we are still waiting on. As of today we learned that my cancer is not growing or gone. It is there but not growing. The one thing is that they did find a liquid that they are unsure of. He is taking it to his council of doctors to get more opinions. I have a fluid inside my brain that matches the fluid on the outside of my brain. They are a little concerned but did not show much worry. I may have just hit my head too many times...no one would be surprised!  The doctors asked how I hit my head. Trust me, I find ways to hit things I am not supposed to hit....I hit it on the car door or the bed frame. I will turn too fast and run into the fridge or knock it on the counter after picking something up. I will find a way to hurt myself! Terri said that the worst thing that she thinks that could happen would just be another surgery to release the fluid from the inside of the brain and if they only have to get the outside of the brain then they can just stick a needle in my head to release it. We are just watching it for now. So we had a successful day and I will sleep much better tonight! The nurses struggled using my port today so I am kinda sore but I am so happy with my scan results. No change is so good. It may not be all gone but it is not growing and that is exactly what we need to see. The Lord has heard our cries. He is taking care of me and letting me stay here for a while longer. I know that he is behind this and that he is answering many many prayers. 2 MORE MONTHS UNTIL WE HAVE TO DO THIS AGAIN! I AM SO GRATEFUL THAT MY SCANS CAME BACK BEAUTIFUL TO ME!

Thank you for praying and don't stop! I will let you know what we are going to do about the fluid as soon as we know more!

Tara still-tumor-less Bodrero

 I take my chem in 18 minutes...bring it baby...the only way for me to get better is to get sick. I crave the sick feeling...It is the weirdest feeling to be overjoyed that you are sick!

Love ya

6 comments:

Nicole said...

YAY!!! so exciting!

Anonymous said...

Tara,
I tried to to leave a comment the other day, don't know if it didn't work, or if you have to approve them before they show. Anyway, I'll repost just in case it is because it didn't work for some reason...
My husband had surgery 1 1/2 yrs ago for the same kind of tumor (i think). While he was on Temodar he finally got a med regimen that he felt pretty good on and didn't feel nauseated. I don't know what you are taking, but the meds they finally had him on were...Zofran, Ativan (which is actually an anti-anxiety but supposedly works for chemo nausea), and Reglan. Maybe this will be of some help to you.
I somehow stumbled across your blog...best of luck to you. You have an awesome attitude!!!

Shantelle said...

Even though he didn't say they were beautiful, I'm glad that he didn't bring any bad news! That's an answer to many, many prayers! I hope the fluid is nothing serious and can be taken care of easily! Thanks for always being an inspiration and sharing your beautiful testimony! Still praying...

Aimee said...

Hooray for that news! I am uplifted by your strength and testimony. Thoughts and prayers are going your way.

Positive Petersons said...

yayyy!!!! i'm so happy for you!

Lynette Bayles said...

Such good news. Keep up the good work, your attitutide is contagious! I got this from my cousin's web site. She is 15 and battling lukemia. I think you can relate.
We Entered A World

We entered a world where everyone is equal, and no one is excluded. A world where we are all the same... ethnicity, language, gender, religion and social status are irrelevant. A world where our kids play bingo and everyone wins. A world where missing body parts go unnoticed and bald heads are the norm. A world where strangers go out of their way to lend a helping hand. Athletes, celebrities, musicians, beauty queens and Santa Claus come to see you, and where anything needed is just a push of a button away. This is a world where no one wants to be, yet everyone is glad they are not alone. This is life on the children’s oncology floor. This world has needles and I.V. poles, MRI’s and CT scans, ambulances and surgeries, chemotherapy, radiation, and bone marrow transplants. We all fight the same battle, each on our own battleground, and working towards the same goal; to save our children.

Found this on Cure-Childhood Cancer's- site