Saturday, October 23, 2010

Good Morning!

This is Becky.  It is very early Saturday morning.  As I laid in bed wondering why on earth I was awake, I finally gave up and decided to type this blog post I composed in my mind while in bed.  I LOVE my sleep - I am not one of those people who "cannot sleep".  I am a good sleeper; so this is strange.  This morning brings back a few memories of mornings last May, June and July, when I woke up early with an elephant on my chest; or so it felt.  This morning is different  - there is no elephant there; only happiness.  As I ponder the root of my happiness, I have decided that I am feeling all the prayers and love you are all sending our way.

This week, as in many other weeks, everywhere I go, almost everyone I see, poses the question, "how is Tara?  or how is your daughter?"  I know you are still praying.  Wednesday during an institute class, I spoke with some of our dear friends who are now in the Northpoint ward.  Their words echo some of your hearts - they said, "I want you to know I have never prayed harder for anyone in my life than I have prayed for Tara.  We feel as if she is our own daughter and we have adopted her."  I really believe that.  There are so many of you who have adopted us and have been praying and praying.  I am humbled by the outpouring of love from so many.  I have said that before in this blog, but I really feel as if I need to say it again.

So, when the question is posed, "how is Tara?" my response this week has been, "this is a good week."  That is how we live around here - week to week, day to day.  We cherish the days we have and we appreciate the days Tara feels good.  Yesterday Tara was really hurrying through CVS Pharmacy so she could get to her sister-in-law's track meet on time.  She speed walked and almost ran through the store!  She was faster than me going through the store and I am not a slow store walker person.  It made me laugh and I was so happy to see her moving so quickly.

Thursday is our next scan and next round of Temodar (and next dosage of clinical trial).  I am not afraid.  I was faithful, yet still afraid on the last scan.  This time there is not fear in my heart.  I know it is because of your prayers.  I can feel the Lord's hand in this process.  I told Rachel this week that fear and faith cannot exist together; so I am practicing what I preach.  We also are going to a chiropractor or homeopathic doctor who fixed Tara's weak left shoulder yesterday with lasers, who is going to help us hopefully manage the sickness from the Temodar.  I am hopeful the sickness this round will not last as long or be as potent as last month.  After this round of Temodar, we are down to less than 10 treatments..... I also told Tara as we spoke of the upcoming chemo again, that the good thing about time passing quickly (in Tara's mind it has been quickly) is that the positive side to time marching along is that the treatment is marching along also.

We met one of our blog friends yesterday at the chiropractor - Kayla Heywood - she is another person like Josh who signed up for medical issues before marriage.  People like Kayla and Josh are heroes to me.  There are many Kaylas and Joshs in this world who know before they head into marriage that it could be a tough road ahead with many trials along the way, but do it anyway because of the love they have for their spouse.

Thank you, thank you, for your love and continued prayers!  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I'm glad Tara is having a good week! She is still in our prayers. Hang in there, Aunt Becky!