Monday, November 15, 2010

Who am I?

Lately I have been getting very tired because of my medicine. I often get frustrated and angry. Luckily I think I have found something that really helps with this problem. Though it may sound funny...I try breathing deep and talking to myself. It works so next time you get down or depressed or angry try to define who you are! This is my definition of me.

I have cancer, brain cancer. I have hope, high hope. I am surrounded by love. I have faith. I have an addiction to smiling. Laughing is a favorite pastime. I have peace, comfort, and knowledge. I have an amazing husband. I have friends. I have family. I have neighbors. I have a dog. I have new hairs finding their new home on my beautiful scalp and I have confidence. I have strength and I have will. I am filled with fire and courage. I am stubborn and I am smart. I have music and I have talents. I have the power to create and the power to withstand the devil. I have the Lord on my side. I have dedication. My fears are outweiged by faith. My faults are forgiven. I am a child of God, and a divine princess. Cancer fears me because of all that I have, and all that I am. 

It doesn't matter that I have made many mistakes and that there are many things that I am not...all that God cares about is what I am. Cancer fears what I am and I know what I am! :)

Come what may and love it...even if it is brain cancer. You don't have to love how sick it makes you or the hard times but rather what you have learned from it. I need to love what it is teaching me and how it is making me stronger. I need to love it because it is God's plan. I love God's plan, therefore, I love my trial some may call brain cancer because of what it has taught me.)

Can you see why this makes me feel better! :)

Try it.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Amazing. I want to have your confidence one day.

Unknown said...

Tara, you constantly amaze and inspire me. You are awesome! Keep up that great attitude!

Heidi said...

What wonderful things to tell yourself!! (I wish I could feel half so positive about myself!)

Mom said...

Maybe you could leave out the very first line being "I have brain cancer" and put all those positive things there FIRST. (when you talk to yourself!)

r&k skousen said...

You are amazing! I love reading your blog because it helps me so much to recognize how much I have and how much we all are blessed. You truly are an inspiration to all. Keep up the positive attitude and I know you will win! Love you:)