Monday, January 16, 2023

I am here.

 Last night I packed my bags. My heart sunk a little as I made sure to get hospital stuff like socks and chapstick. Logistically my brain started freaking out about how I was going to feed myself while in the hospital but I tabled that freak out… One thing at a time. One week from today my Dr. Smith date will be over. It wont be a big deal…just one stitch but… yes, he’ll be digging deep in my brain. We will only do LITT if we feel like it is cancerous so technically there’s a chance we won’t do it but I always prepare for the worst/hardest and hope for the best…we will see. There is still a chance this is all nothing.. come on Tara… we have made a really big deal if it is nothing. No docs actually think it is nothing… it is growing in size and number but there I guess there is a chance… oh well… continue on.  we are going in Monday morning. We should know more soon after. 


The first thing I saw walking off the plane was a big Barrow’s brain cancer banner… that slapped me right in the face…brain tumor time… at least I am in the right place:). 


I came a few days early without kids to do a mini girls trip/ Costco sewing party. For the record. I beat Rachel and Mom at Cities and Knights! The fridge is now green and the oil stock over here is full. It is time. My stomach is still adjusting to the oils but it is getting easier. It is just a big learning curve. 


Anyway, I am here, let’s do this. 


Tara Lynn

3 comments:

Mindy Taylor said...

You’re in my heart, thoughts, and prayers everyday Tara! Love reading this blog—thanks for being real and sharing! You’re strong and you’ve got this!! Yes your army is fighting and praying for you too! Keep your faith strong—the Lord loves you and is aware…I love you dear Tara!!

Kristy Bergsten said...

I am so thankful for your updates! Add me to your list of those continuing to pray for you and your family, and your doctors.❤️🙏

Brad and Lisa said...

Glad you got some fun girls time before the family joined you for the biopsy day. Stay strong! You have an army praying for you!