Saturday, January 21, 2023

Family Fast.

 I am sitting here with my pre op bracelet on, index finger burning from my 4pm prick (mental note, don’t prick right before typing time) and stomach full. My goodness I eat a lot! When the eating window is open I am pounding food/ oils. I am getting better at the oils and my body doesn’t love them yet but it is supposed to adjust…hopefully that happens soon. TMI, move on Tara. 

We are fasting as a family tomorrow as a family and since you’re all pretty much family I wanted to invite you. Mom has been asking me to put this on here for a week but it just feels so weird to ask people to fast for me. I decided to swallow my pride and ask for it. If you would like, please keep my situation in your thoughts, prayers, and fasting tomorrow. Fasting is a part of our religion. Usually we do it monthly on the first Sunday. We’re invited to go without food for 24 hours snd it is always accompanied with prayer. We fast and pray for specific things. Tomorrow we will have Dr. Smith and my brain especially in our prayers.   I will have a biopsy on the table and hopefully they can see if is is cancerous before the LITT it up. 


I had all my pre op stuff done yesterday. We tried to get a CD of my scan so Josh could read it before but they did not copy it correctly and Josh could not open it. He is struggling not knowing what it looks like but we don’t have to wait much longer. 


Almost there. 

Keto update. 


I am totally rocking this! I am getting deeper and deeper in ketosis and my blood glucose is doing amazing. I have been 100% strict and it is working. I am so happy about it. It tastes better than chemo and I feel pretty good on the diet. All good things on the diet front. I have awkwardly sniffed Josh’s food on a handful of times… definitely not to the point where I don’t want it anymore:). 

I am inviting you to skip sugar next time you’re offered. You’re brain will thank you. You don’t have to do the Tara diet…this is my medicine but all could benefit from fewer carbs:) 


The count down is really on. Woah, biopsy is so soon. Deep breathes. In…out…you’ve got this Tara Lynn. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got this! Praying for you all. Been thinking about you non stop. ❤️

Kayla

Savannah Cook said...

Keep on going Tara I think about you daily and have a million prayers going in my heart for you! You are so strong and you totally got this ❤️

KarissaT said...

Thomson family fasting tomorrow! Love you guys!

Shelley Totah said...

All my love and prayers amazing woman. ❤️

Jennifer Freeman Noble said...

We are behind you Tara! Praying for you and cheering your on! Youve got this

Anonymous said...

Praying for a miracle and healing.

Kristin Milius

Brad and Lisa said...

Love you and pray for all the best news! And great job with your discipline with the diet! You are amazing.

-Lisa Justice