Monday, January 2, 2023

Honesty

Welcome. Welcome to my. 5 am processing time.Luke started coughing at 4:45 and sleep hasn’t been my friend lately. My brain just won’t turn off. I lay in my bed and spiral. This morning instead of letting my tears silently soak my pillowcase, I got my booty out bed, grabbed a minky blanket and came here to process. We will see how it goes. Brutal, unfiltered, honestly where I get to feel what I feel. 


Today…again… I feel scared, panicked, and afraid. Part of the way I process is by letting myself go to the deepest, darkest place, to feel all the feels and then to try to build back up to hope. It has been a very rocky road this time. I try to build and the fear just shoves me right back down. 


Faith and fear can’t coexist. I am struggling… fear is winning and I just don’t have enough faith right now. Yesterday I lost it during the Sacrament hymn when the lyrics,  “ Yet, if thou wilt, I’ll drink it up. I’ve done the work thou gavest me,” came up… I lost it… I could not sing it. I am not there. I was the first go around… I really was. I AM NOT THERE right now. I know it is where I need to get to but I cannot right now. I will not accept any outcome. I need to be here with my babies. I will not accept leaving. Not right now. Truthfully, I don’t need to accept that right now because we are still wading in a ton of unknowns. We don’t know this will end in my nightmares… all we know is the next step is a biopsy to get a path report. I will meet with Kris Smith tomorrow to arrange the biopsy. Biopsy’s don’t scare me, meds don’t scare me, being excruciatingly ill, does not scare me… I welcome it… I will beg for them to make me as sick as possible! Leaving my babies, scares me. 


To all those dealing with a terminal illness, knocking at the same door. I feel you. I know what you are going through.  I know the all-encompassing pain that takes over controlling your breath and plunges you into a deep dark hole… physical pain can’t compare to the emotional pain that builds when processing this.  A few nights ago, Josh held me as the emotional pain took over again . He didn’t tell me everything would be okay, he didn’t tell me to be strong or to have faith…, he just held me and let me fall apart on his shoulder. No, this is not the first time it has happened…it’s the millionth… he just held me and let me cry. Who is holding him? Who is helping him in his sleepless nights? A few nights ago we both tossed and turned, each knowing what was on the others mind… it hurts that I don’t know how to help him. Don’t forget him. I do not know what he is going though, I don’t understand his pain, I do not know how to help him. Know he is struggling too and don’t forget him in your prayers, He is the greatest man I know. He  has been through so much. He is one of my rocks… who is his? He has got more gray hairs than most his age and vast majority of those hairs… are all mine… yes, our vocational training route has definitely contributed as well but most… are mine. It is a good thing he looks so dashingly handsome with all the grays. We have built the most amazing love over the past 14 years. Okay, I had my pity party, now let’s pick up, find some good and continue on. Josh is pure good. He will not be happy with me for posting about how amazing he is but he is so awesome that he will get over it and love me anyway. I could go on for hours and hours about how amazing he is but I love him and will stop here… no promises on another day though… :) 


Okay, keep finding good Tara Lynn… 


it is only 1 more day until the surgeon visit

M&D currently have 7 extra people in addition to my family of 6 sharing their address so there is always something going on. Quiet isn’t my friend right now and it isn’t quiet here often:)

A lot has advanced in the last 12 years in the GBM world and I may get to take advantage of new treatments

Josh will make sure I get the best treatment possible

I have 4 healthy, happy kids who love me. 

I have Josh

I have family

I have you, my army. 

I have a healthy body right now… no more moping, get up, have fun, make memories, laugh, eat, play,

I have so much. Let’s leave the fretting for tomorrow morning and enjoy today. 


There, I feel better. Thanks for processing with me. I know I posted last time and just walked away. I needed time away, so I took it. Know that I read every comment. I feel loved and supported. I have looked into printing the blog and I think it is an investment worth doing. There is an option to include comments so I went back and reread most comments from the first go around. It is humbling. I think I will include them in the printing. You are such a big party of my journey. We can do this. I am ready to fight. 

Here is my head, do what you need to it… here are my veins, poke when needed and Walgreens is my pharmacy… send me the drugs… I will take them. I am ready. Let’s go. 




21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Tara - you beautiful soul. I’m so sorry you are going through this again. I will pray for you - and for Josh. I’ve been the spouse and it is hard too. Hold on to each other and know we all are praying for you all! πŸ’•
Kathryn Cook

Anonymous said...

❤️πŸ’•❤️πŸ’•❤️πŸ₯°

Pam & Blake Adams said...

Keep processing, keep writing, its good for your mind and good for your soul. We will never forget being able to be part of your wedding. For those of us blessed enough to be part of that celebration it was a celebration we will never forget. We love you!

Dylan Larson said...

Tara, thank you for your inspiring words. I look up to you for being so real. Something I see you really do well at, is listening to your heart, Josh’s heart, and your kids’s heart. It’s sometimes hard to block out other people’s opinions, so I’m here to let you know that whether you decide to listen to my thoughts or not, I see you and hear you and you are absolutely killing it Tara. You’re a frickin bulldozer moving mountains. Love you Tara.

Rachel Kiene Mitton said...

Tara. I just love you so much. My heart aches as I read your words because I cannot fathom the nightmare you are going through right now. I wish I had the perfect words to make everything better, but for now, know you are loved, thought of often, and continually in our prayers (including Josh and your children). You are a warrior, and they are lucky to have you as a wife and mother!

Anonymous said...

You’re in our constant prayers Bodrero fam & all day our doctors. You are such a strong real woman and I am amazed with your strength. Your kids have the best mom. Josh has the best wife. You have the best doctors. YOUVE GOT THIS!

Dennis Crandall said...

At a time, when most people would withdraw in total isolation, fear and anxiety, you instead show, incredible bravery, and dignity. I am so proud to know you. You have been, and will be an inspiration to many. Life is a fragile gift. You have shown the unique ability to value the moments that constitute life. Your willingness to share is reassuring to the rest of us who know you, that you are continuing in strength and love and faith, and come what may. I suppose that is all that anyone can ask for from a fulfilled life. And it sounds like Josh is handling this as perfectly as anyone could. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you continue to meet these challenges.

Brenda Nielsen said...

Love you so much, Tara. So grateful you share your heart and thoughts so we can better understand, 'though I know we will never be able to really understand without experiencing personally what you experience. You inspire all of us and you are so looked up to - your faith and your goodness are evident in every word you write. We have prayed for you from the very beginning and for Josh and your family too, and we won't ever
stop.

Anonymous said...

Oh Tara! I love you so much and am praying hard for you AND Josh and your littles. The thought of leaving my littles scares me so bad and to have that be so close to your reality is something I can’t even comprehend but I pray and hope it doesn’t happen until you’re an old cranky great grandma. When you have no strength or hope or will to keep going, please use all of ours around you! That’s why we have people in our lives, to buoy us up when we can’t ourselves. I love and cherish you! ❤️

Anonymous said...

Love Chelsea Heiner Batchelor

Anonymous said...

Love you Tara!!! Thank you for sharing, I love the raw and real. You are so incredibly beautiful inside and out. You and your family are in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Jen Mattice

Emily Shill said...

My 9 year old Alayna always reminds us if any family member ever says a prayer without mentioning your family. We will continue to send you blessings and hope you feel our love and support. ❤️

Anna said...

You really are incredible. You really do have an army supporting you, probably from both sides off that veil. 🀍

Anonymous said...

Love Kris 🀍🀟🏼

Anonymous said...

I felt as though we were sitting on the couch together and you were telling this all to me face to face! I cried with you and deeply felt your battle as you shared your inner most concerns, fears, and love for your adorable family! I love you! Your heart is pure! Your bravery is tangible!
-Tatem Sanford 😘

Anonymous said...

Hi Tara, prayerfully with you on your day to day, moment to moment journey. You are loved. From your favorite 1st grade teacher, Carol

Anonymous said...

You real and incredibly strong Tara. Praying for you and Josh. I am fortunate to be your uncle. Your journey has helped me with mine. Love you always!!!

Marcene Harris said...

Your posts say so much, & they have helped me understand & get to know you better. What a wonderful person you are. It makes me so sad that you are going through this. Thanks for being open & honest about things - I know it must be so difficult. It helps us to know what to pray for. We love you & your great family.

Anonymous said...

Sending love and prayers your way, Tara. I told Aaron and the kids you were battling this again, and my 9-year-old Evan suggested we all fast for you tomorrow. You're in our hearts.
-Andilyn Jenkins

Kristy Bergsten said...

Tara I am so glad you are doing this blog. I want to know how you are doing and feel bad bothering you. You and your family continue to be in my prayers! Praying for continued miracles and healing. Love and prayers coming your way.πŸ™❤️