Tuesday, March 15, 2011

We need your specific prayers

This is Becky.  This will be quick - I'll try to post more tomorrow; but this is a plea for specific prayers.   Tara has had some leakage coming from a small hole in her head.  The fluid is yellow.  It happened Saturday while we were in Las Vegas for the BYU tournament.  We saw Dr. Smith today, and he was originally worried after seeing the picture Tara sent from her cell phone over the weekend; but after seeing her head today, decided she could go to San Diego and come and see him next week, provided there was no more leakage.  Tara washed her hair tonight, and then the leak started again and we could see a definite HOLE in her head. I'm not gonna lie, I don't like this and I wish the infection would get itself under control.  I don't know who is more sad about the trip being canceled, Tara, the Bodrero family, or myself.  I love trips and I was so excited for Tara to get away with the wonderful Bodrero family for Spring Break.

So, please pray this infection will get under control WITHOUT having to remove that bone flap.  Dr. Smith prepped us today that could likely be the case; but after seeing her head; was more encouraged that he wouldn't have to do that.  He said he may have to do minor surgery to take a few more stitches in her head and clean out the infection, provided it is superficial.  Pray that Dr. Smith will know what to do to deal with this properly.  Please pray that the infection does not spread to the bone.

We met another glioblastoma patient today - she was awesome and she's on the same schedule as Tara.  She was happy and very uplifting.  She knows another patient who has dealt with this for 18 years; with 9 surgeries.  Tara said she would happily have surgery every 2 years if it meant she could live.  It hit me sort of hard that I even have these talks with my daughter.  I look at her face, and she's just TARA.  I look at her and remember Tara before the tumor - she's just Tara - the Tara I've always known and loved - why am I having to talk with my daughter about years to live???  I just can't believe it sometimes.  In my heart I feel Tara will beat this - I really do - but we still have those talks about years of life; which hurts my heart.  Oh the things we learn along this pathway.  Thank you so much for your prayers!  I'll let you know what Dr. Smith decides tomorrow....

5 comments:

Jean said...

Prayers that the infection and the resulting fluid is removed and the area will be restored to perfection, sending....and lots of love!

Anonymous said...

Praying for healing. Love to you all.

Michelle

Avon said...

Praying. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

Praying hard, admiring your courage, awestruck by the journey the Lord has put in youur path. My gosh, girl - love you! Fran K

Anonymous said...

Prayers for you all. I don't know you, but I've been following your blog. I am amazed & inspired by all your strength & courage. Your example of faith brings me to my knees. Bless you all. Bless the infection will go away. Bless the doctors! God Bless Tara!