Monday, September 5, 2011

2 more months...I am beginning to feel normal...I think

Today I woke up and decided that I was going to be normal. To tell you the truth I really don't know what normal is anymore but I sure tried starting with a nice healthy workout. I actually rode a bike for 32 minutes and 17 seconds...the most I have exercised since may 13, 2010! Today I was lucky enough to ride in front of a mirror. I happened to wear my "Brain tumors stink...that's what I think" and "Cancer fears Me!" shirt that I made. Could not have chosen a better shirt to wear. As I looked up I saw myself as someone who was overcoming and empowered. I really felt that cancer was fearing me. With every minute I could feel myself pounding the cancer out of me. I feel like since I have received more comfort from the doctors I have begun to relax and stop pondering about the whole situation as much and it has been so nice. I sweat so much my hair was drenched...and I got to help Josh clean the cars! I have never been so happy to wake up and clean the cars. I was just happy that I felt well enough to face the heat and do some work....I felt more normal again. I ended up running to Walmart after and still had my shirt on. I actually enjoyed people staring at me. They saw my funny haircut and then the back of my shirt! The Lord promises that we are called to pass through trials and that they will only be for a small moment. Today as I look back I feel as if it is becoming a small moment...I feel like I am so much more  and most importantly I feel like I have the potential to be so much more. I have had the opportunity to share what I have learned with a lot of people and that brings me joy. I am so happy to share my deep feelings of what I believe and know. The light at the end of the tunnel is here and I know exactly what I am going to do when I get out of this! Cancer can't have me. I am much more.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Loved seeing you act like a "normal" woman yesterday!!! Hang in there. I am also extremely excited for these 2 months to be OVER. You are amazing. Love you forever.